Bournemouth games company wins two national awards for work with LEGO
Bournemouth-based game developer 4T2 Multimedia is celebrating winning two major national awards for its work with the LEGO Group. The firm won the New Media Age Award for best consumer campaign, defeating brands such as Skype, Kellogg, Tesco, Xbox, McDonalds and the Discovery Channel. It then went on to win the prestigious ‘Grand Prix’ award for the best campaign across all 16 award categories.
LEGO Hero Factory Breakout is a free-to-play action adventure game, available on the internet, iPhone and iPad (www.herofactory.com). Developed using Unity and available around the world in 16 languages, the web and iOS third person adventure game has helped push the boundaries of what children can now expect from a 100% free to play title.
To produce the game, 4T2 hired Adrian Smith, best known as the Executive Producer of the ‘Lara Croft: Tomb Raider’ games. The company also created a unique game control system that makes it easy for children in the 7-12 age range to navigate complex 3D obstacles, target enemies and experience rich gameplay.
Commenting on the award win, 4T2 MD John White said “We’re delighted to have our work with LEGO recognised in such a high profile way. We also hope that the award will bring attention to the expanding digital media industry in Bournemouth. The excellent game development and digital media courses that Bournemouth University offers, attract talented students and post graduates to the region. This in turn helps businesses like ours expand and produce award-winning work.”
Jan Faltum, Marketing Director at the LEGO Group, commented: “Our toys are focused on creating a rich play experience for children and we see digital media as an increasingly important part of that. We commissioned this game so children could have fun customising their own heroes and interacting with them in a 3D world and we’re delighted that our partnership with 4T2 has been recognised in this way.”
Mike Hawkyard: mike.hawkyard@4T2.co.uk 01202 767 300
Nikki Curwen: nikki.curwen@4T2.co.uk 01202 204 862
- 'Developing Women Leaders' Event
- The Mike Warne Event - The Future of Influencer Marketing
- Virgin Start Up Meetup Event - Bournemouth, April 26th
- Launch of BU Short Courses for the Tourism and Hospitality Industry
- 'The Seed Fund 2017' for Food and Drink Startups - Now Open for Entries
- Forthcoming Event - Finance in Dorset 2017
- National Careers Week - 6th to 10th March 2017
- Department for International Trade 'Ready for Export' Workshop
- PKF Francis Clark 'Finance in Dorset' Event - 2nd March
- Innovate UK Launch New Funding Competition