CREATIVE ENGLAND’S STARTER FOR 10 OFFERS £10,000 FOR BUSINESS INNOVATORS
Creative businesses in the South West are being invited to pitch their ideas in a new competition from business support agency Creative England, with 10 winners picking up £10,000 investment and a package of business support.
Starter For 10 will see businesses pitch their innovative products to a prestigious panel of industry experts and investors who will select the 10 best to receive financial and practical support to take their idea to market.
The judging panel includes some of the leading names in creative business in the South West, who will assess 10 minute pitches from all shortlisted businesses at a series of “pitch battles” across the region.
Jim Farmery, Creative England’s Director of Business Development, said: “Creative England’s fundamental aim is to unlock potential for small businesses in the creative industries.
“With the launch of Starter for 10, we hope to specifically encourage start-ups across the South West, drawing on the strength of the sector as well as their ability to develop innovative products and solutions which otherwise would have struggled to get off the ground.”
Starter for 10 begins with three regional heats, in three cities across the region:Bristol, Bournemouth andExeter.
The 15 shortlisted companies will come together for a ‘Grand Finale’ pitch battle, where the 10 winning companies will be chosen. These businesses will go on to receive a £10,000 investment, as well as comprehensive business support to help get their product to market within six months.
To qualify, businesses must be under two years old and operate within the sectors of digital, web and interactive; mobile and app; games; social media; or marketing.
Competition judges are:
- Steve Taylor – a specialist in leading and growing entrepreneurial creative and digital businesses who will also help mentor the finalists.
- Fraser Bradshaw – Strategic Marketer and CEO ofBristol Media.
- Laura Marshall – joint founder of Icon Films, where she is Managing and Marketing Director.
- David Ford – Chief Executive of Bright Blue Day, one of the fastest growing Communication agencies in theUK.
- Mike Hawkyard – one of the founding partners of Bournemouth-based 4T2, a media agency specialising in creating online games, mobile apps and websites.
- Ella Romanos – CEO of Remode, where she is responsible for business development, sales and marketing as well as operations of the studio.
- Luke Lang – Marketing Director and Co-founder of CrowdCube; the next generation of business investment.
For more information, visit the Starter For 10 website: www.starterfor10.biz, twitter: @Starter_for_10 and Linked-In: http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Starter-10-South-West-4853127?trk=myg_ugrp_ovr
- BU Seminar: 'Migration, Economic Impact and Integration Policy'
- BU Festival of Learning event - 'Brexit and Immigration: Impact on Local Businesses in Dorset'
- 'Developing Women Leaders' Event
- The Mike Warne Event - The Future of Influencer Marketing
- Virgin Start Up Meetup Event - Bournemouth, April 26th
- Launch of BU Short Courses for the Tourism and Hospitality Industry
- 'The Seed Fund 2017' for Food and Drink Startups - Now Open for Entries
- Forthcoming Event - Finance in Dorset 2017
- National Careers Week - 6th to 10th March 2017
- Department for International Trade 'Ready for Export' Workshop