Design Your Career
Best of British design and craft to visit Bournemouth for conference
Design your career is a two-day conference + workshop that will offer all of the information and inspiration your need to establish & develop your own creative entrerprise. This event will be held in Bournemouth, Dorset at the Pavilion Dance on February 2nd & 3rd, 2013.
Throughout the weekend workshops and seminars will be offer guidance and inspiration ideal for budding designers, crafters, photographers, illustrators and other individuals with a creative flare. Organised by Bournemouth based Neil and Sarah Leonard of Craft, Coffee & Cupcakes, their aim is to develop the industry and welcome delegates from across the UK to visit the seaside town.
Wayne Hemingway MBE, designer with a social conscience and founder of Red or Dead, will be joining other award winning creatives. With the opportunity to pitch your ideas to global retailer notonthehighstreet.com, the conference is dynamic platform to engage and take your talent to further success.
Other guests include speakers such as textile designer Laura Thomas, Elvis and Kresse, Patricia van den Akker of the Design Trust, Rebecca Strain and Emily Parry-Crooke of Seek & Adore, the UKTI, Natwest, illustrator Nicholas John Frith, artist Zoe Sinclair, retail entrepreneur Claire Aldersley of Number 83, Louisa Harman of Lullabelle’s Cakes, Mark Masters from The ID Group, Neil Leonard & Jill Adams of Loft&Print plus Laura Mulhern from South West Artwork.
PLEASE NOTE…. Between now and the 14th of January we are offering students tickets for £50 if they call the Pavilion Dance on 01202 203630 and quote ‘Education DYC13’. For those not in education we have created a discount code that will get them tickets for £80 – they need to quote ‘DYC13’
More information can be found on the event website is http://www.designyourcareer.co.uk/ – it’s an event not to be missed.
- BU Seminar: 'Migration, Economic Impact and Integration Policy'
- BU Festival of Learning event - 'Brexit and Immigration: Impact on Local Businesses in Dorset'
- 'Developing Women Leaders' Event
- The Mike Warne Event - The Future of Influencer Marketing
- Virgin Start Up Meetup Event - Bournemouth, April 26th
- Launch of BU Short Courses for the Tourism and Hospitality Industry
- 'The Seed Fund 2017' for Food and Drink Startups - Now Open for Entries
- Forthcoming Event - Finance in Dorset 2017
- National Careers Week - 6th to 10th March 2017
- Department for International Trade 'Ready for Export' Workshop