Entrepreneurs encouraged to enter BU-sponsored Dorset Business Award!
Sponsored by Bournemouth University, the Entrepreneur of the Year Award category of the Dorset Business Awards 2014 is now inviting entries from local innovative businesses. With high quality entries every year, the award celebrates the best of Dorset’s Entrepreneurs. The award celebrates the efforts of local entrepreneurs in terms of business innovation, sustained growth and significant business achievement and is an excellent opportunity for businesses to showcase their expertise in this area.
Last year’s winner, C4L Chairman Matt Hawkins, noted in an interview to the Bournemouth Echo ‘Winning was such an honour and the night was fantastic and marked a real milestone for me. It created a moment where I actually stopped and took time to be proud of what C4L has achieved.”
The criteria for the BU Entrepreneur of the Year Award is quoted on the Dorset Business Awards website as ‘for individuals or teams who can demonstrate the realisation of their Entrepreneurial vision and have a clear plan in place to achieve sustained growth in future’. The judges will be looking to award ‘outstanding achievement, innovative business concept, growth and good management skills’.
This is the seventh year Bournemouth University has sponsored this award and helped to celebrate the achievement of local high-growth businesses. Dean Patton, Bournemouth University’s Professor of Entrepreneurship and Director of the BU Centre for Entrepreneurship, notes, “Bournemouth University is proud to be supporting the Entrepreneur of the Year Award…Through our support of the awards we are recognising that local businesses with a specific focus on growth and innovation will play a pivotal role in providing employment opportunities and supporting the future economic prosperity of this area. This award is designed to recognise exceptional individual talent or a company considered by the judges to be at the forefront of enterprise in the region.”
The Dorset Business Awards are now in their 20th year and will be celebrating with finalists at a gala dinner at the BIC on 27 November. To find out more or to apply please visit the Dorset Business Awards website: dorsetbusinessawards.co.uk
- BU Seminar: 'Migration, Economic Impact and Integration Policy'
- BU Festival of Learning event - 'Brexit and Immigration: Impact on Local Businesses in Dorset'
- 'Developing Women Leaders' Event
- The Mike Warne Event - The Future of Influencer Marketing
- Virgin Start Up Meetup Event - Bournemouth, April 26th
- Launch of BU Short Courses for the Tourism and Hospitality Industry
- 'The Seed Fund 2017' for Food and Drink Startups - Now Open for Entries
- Forthcoming Event - Finance in Dorset 2017
- National Careers Week - 6th to 10th March 2017
- Department for International Trade 'Ready for Export' Workshop