Entrepreneur and founder of Mr Lee’s Noodles Company Ltd.
Damien is an adventurous and focused entrepreneur with a vision to create affordable, healthy fast food options, particularly for young people.
The story behind the Australian born entrepreneur’s search for a healthy noodle started 2 years ago when he was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and told “he only had weeks”. As a single dad of two young boys, there was no way Damien was going to throw in the towel without a fight. Fast forward 12 months, 18 rounds of chemotherapy and changing diet to raw, Damien was given the all clear.
Mr Lee’s Noodles has picked Bournemouth University as one of their locations for their pilot scheme, before rolling out to more than 10,000 locations across the UK and Ireland, and then globally thanks to winning a contract with one of the biggest catering service companies – Compass Group.
Damien is passionate about supporting young people and through Mr Lee’s HEY Foundation aims to raise awareness of the importance of eating good food (Health), provide life coaching (Educate) and encourage young people to get active and set personal goals (Youth).
- BU Seminar: 'Migration, Economic Impact and Integration Policy'
- BU Festival of Learning event - 'Brexit and Immigration: Impact on Local Businesses in Dorset'
- 'Developing Women Leaders' Event
- The Mike Warne Event - The Future of Influencer Marketing
- Virgin Start Up Meetup Event - Bournemouth, April 26th
- Launch of BU Short Courses for the Tourism and Hospitality Industry
- 'The Seed Fund 2017' for Food and Drink Startups - Now Open for Entries
- Forthcoming Event - Finance in Dorset 2017
- National Careers Week - 6th to 10th March 2017
- Department for International Trade 'Ready for Export' Workshop