Gary has over 10 years’ experience as an entrepreneur, having started his own business from very humble beginnings whilst still at university. Gary’s strengths are his vision, self-belief, determination and the ability to deliver results under pressure. Gary is co-founder of Adido Limited, a company founded with three friends from university. From the beginning, Gary has defined and run the sales operations for the company which now has a turnover of over £2m and employs over 30 full-time members of staff. Adido has become a top 50 agency in the UK (according to the industry-recognised NMA rankings) and has won national awards for their work. Adido’s clients include Orange, Easyjet, Iceland, Haier, Bowlplex and Camelot.
More recently he founded Adido Communications (sister agency to Adido Limited) and Nineteen48, an ethical gemstone business importing and mining precious gemstones from Sri Lanka. This business also supports a charity by giving 25% of their profit. Gary is a strong believer in contributing to his community. He was one of the youngest ever committee members of the Institute of Directors, he is a former President of the Dorset Junior Chamber (DJC) and also a Co-ordinator of the Business-X-Change. Whilst President of the DJC, Gary was instrumental in significantly increasing the membership of the organisation. Gary often gives talks at local universities to inspire students to follow an entrepreneurial path and shares with them his first-hand experience of running his own business. These all have been volunteer roles.
The Centre for Entrepreneurship is delighted that Gary is joining the Entrepreneurs in Residence scheme – he brings with him a wealth of experience and knowledge as an entrepreneur and local business owner.
- 'Developing Women Leaders' Event
- The Mike Warne Event - The Future of Influencer Marketing
- Virgin Start Up Meetup Event - Bournemouth, April 26th
- Launch of BU Short Courses for the Tourism and Hospitality Industry
- 'The Seed Fund 2017' for Food and Drink Startups - Now Open for Entries
- Forthcoming Event - Finance in Dorset 2017
- National Careers Week - 6th to 10th March 2017
- Department for International Trade 'Ready for Export' Workshop
- PKF Francis Clark 'Finance in Dorset' Event - 2nd March
- Innovate UK Launch New Funding Competition