At the age of 25, Matt Hawkins founded C4L in 2000, four years after completing a computing and business degree at Brunel University. Having programmed his ﬁrst computer at the age of ﬁve, some 33 years later Matt’s privately owned company, C4L, now has a turnover of £10.4m which he expects to increase to £16m in 2014. Since inception the firm has maintained a track record of rapid growth every year due to continuous progression through innovation.
Highly motivated, kind and caring, he has an addiction to work, high risk adrenaline sports such as rock climbing and snowboarding, and a burning ambition to help save our planet, climb the Himalayas, swim with sharks and throw himself out of an aeroplane….
When he is not climbing or flying down mountains around the world he is also addicted to his business. Today, his firm is based at the very prestigious location of County Gates House which borders Bournemouth and Poole and occupies four floors of the building. C4L also owns its own data centre and houses 15,000 square feet of very sensitive data for banks, businesses and technology companies from across the UK and Europe.
The firm’s main focusses are the 4 C’s:
Colocation, Communications, Connectivity and Cloud services
C4L’s client base includes Government, FTSE 250, financial institutions and many of the UK’s network carriers. At C4L, we’re committed to customer satisfaction and quality of service and have achieved certifications such as ISO9001 & 27001. C4L was the 2012 winner of HSBC’s South West Business Thinking initiative, and has been ranked in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 and Fast 500 EMEA, as well as the Sunday Times Microsoft Tech Track 100.
We are looking forward to working alongside Matt on the Entrepreneurs in Residence scheme. To find out more about C4L please visit: http://www.c4l.co.uk/
- BU Seminar: 'Migration, Economic Impact and Integration Policy'
- BU Festival of Learning event - 'Brexit and Immigration: Impact on Local Businesses in Dorset'
- 'Developing Women Leaders' Event
- The Mike Warne Event - The Future of Influencer Marketing
- Virgin Start Up Meetup Event - Bournemouth, April 26th
- Launch of BU Short Courses for the Tourism and Hospitality Industry
- 'The Seed Fund 2017' for Food and Drink Startups - Now Open for Entries
- Forthcoming Event - Finance in Dorset 2017
- National Careers Week - 6th to 10th March 2017
- Department for International Trade 'Ready for Export' Workshop