How I Survived My First Year in Business: The Brutal Truth
The Centre for Entrepreneurship, in association with Business Mania, is delighted to present How I Survived My First Year in Business:The Brutal Truth, a short talk by CfE entrepreneur, Robin Humphreyies.
Robin is one of the founding members of Static Games and White Pug and set up the business during his placement year with a team of seven. Twelve months later, with £10,000 in equity-free funding and a successful trading record, Robin reflects upon his journey. In his short talk, this student entrepreneur will consider the top 10 challenges faced during his immersion in the world of business and, more importantly, how he overcame them and what he learned. Audience members will then have the opportunity of asking Robin questions about his placement-year business.
When? 1pm Wednesday 26th November 2014
Where? Lawrence Lecture Theatre, Talbot Campus
Ever thought about becoming an entrepreneur? Ever set up your own company? Or just interested in business? Then this snapshot session is for you.
Please note: this event is for BU students and members of staff only. Booking is essential.
About Robin Humphreyies and Static Games/White Pug
Robin Humphreyies is a final year student at Bournemouth University, on the Creative Technology course headed by Dr. Christos Gatzidis. Static Games is the gaming arm of the student business, with White Pug being the trading arm for web and app development. Under the White Pug label, Robin and the team work directly with customers and white-label for local digital agencies.
1:15pm: How I Survived My First Year in Business: The Brutal Truth by Robin Humphreyies, Founder of Static Games & White Pug
1:45pm: Q & A
2-3 pm: Coffee, Cake & Networking
Please reserve your space to attend How I Survived My First Year in Business (BU Staff and Students only).
- 'Developing Women Leaders' Event
- The Mike Warne Event - The Future of Influencer Marketing
- Virgin Start Up Meetup Event - Bournemouth, April 26th
- Launch of BU Short Courses for the Tourism and Hospitality Industry
- 'The Seed Fund 2017' for Food and Drink Startups - Now Open for Entries
- Forthcoming Event - Finance in Dorset 2017
- National Careers Week - 6th to 10th March 2017
- Department for International Trade 'Ready for Export' Workshop
- PKF Francis Clark 'Finance in Dorset' Event - 2nd March
- Innovate UK Launch New Funding Competition