LEPs given core Government funding
Local Enterprise Partnerships are to be given core funding by the Government following complaints that the new regional growth bodies are being run “on a shoestring”.
The Local Government and the Department for Communities has announced that they will provide combined funds for up to £24m to allow LEPs to drive forward their growth priorities.
Business minister Michael Fallon said: “This funding will help LEPs plan for the long term and ensure they can remain locally-led instead of dependent on central government support. We need to ensure LEPs remain voluntary business and civic partnerships so they are in the best possible position to deliver sustainable growth and job creation in their areas.”
Click here to find out more: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/yourbusiness/9548304/LEPs-given-core-Government-funding.html
- BU Seminar: 'Migration, Economic Impact and Integration Policy'
- BU Festival of Learning event - 'Brexit and Immigration: Impact on Local Businesses in Dorset'
- 'Developing Women Leaders' Event
- The Mike Warne Event - The Future of Influencer Marketing
- Virgin Start Up Meetup Event - Bournemouth, April 26th
- Launch of BU Short Courses for the Tourism and Hospitality Industry
- 'The Seed Fund 2017' for Food and Drink Startups - Now Open for Entries
- Forthcoming Event - Finance in Dorset 2017
- National Careers Week - 6th to 10th March 2017
- Department for International Trade 'Ready for Export' Workshop