Proposals to encourage employee-ownership announced
A range of measures to encourage more businesses to become employee-owned have been announced by the Government. The measures, which are based on recommendations made in the Nuttall review of the sector, include publishing guidance on tax issues for employee-ownership and developing an ‘off the shelf’ model for setting up an employee-owned firm.
Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg said: “Businesses that are owned by their employees produce more, grow faster, keep their workforce happier, and pay staff more fairly.” A consultation on these proposals closes on 16 November.
There is more on the proposals at:
- BU Seminar: 'Migration, Economic Impact and Integration Policy'
- BU Festival of Learning event - 'Brexit and Immigration: Impact on Local Businesses in Dorset'
- 'Developing Women Leaders' Event
- The Mike Warne Event - The Future of Influencer Marketing
- Virgin Start Up Meetup Event - Bournemouth, April 26th
- Launch of BU Short Courses for the Tourism and Hospitality Industry
- 'The Seed Fund 2017' for Food and Drink Startups - Now Open for Entries
- Forthcoming Event - Finance in Dorset 2017
- National Careers Week - 6th to 10th March 2017
- Department for International Trade 'Ready for Export' Workshop