Spending on digital advertising hits record high
UK spending on advertising via the Internet and mobile phones increased by 12.6% to £2.6 billion in the first half of 2012 compared to the same period in 2011, according to research by the Internet Advertising Bureau UK (IAB). The research revealed that levels of advertising on mobile phones jumped significantly over this period, and accounted for 7% of overall digital ad spending. Tim Elkington of the IAB predicted that mobile ad spending would continue to grow. “60% of the UK’s 100 biggest advertisers still don’t have a mobile-optimised website, yet consumers spend almost 70% longer on sites which are”, he added.
Read more on the IAB’s research at:
- BU Seminar: 'Migration, Economic Impact and Integration Policy'
- BU Festival of Learning event - 'Brexit and Immigration: Impact on Local Businesses in Dorset'
- 'Developing Women Leaders' Event
- The Mike Warne Event - The Future of Influencer Marketing
- Virgin Start Up Meetup Event - Bournemouth, April 26th
- Launch of BU Short Courses for the Tourism and Hospitality Industry
- 'The Seed Fund 2017' for Food and Drink Startups - Now Open for Entries
- Forthcoming Event - Finance in Dorset 2017
- National Careers Week - 6th to 10th March 2017
- Department for International Trade 'Ready for Export' Workshop